top of page



Click here for Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom website:




When we were here 4 months ago, Sakari insisted on going to the water park at the Lost Mayan Kingdom something or other. She said it was her favorite day of the cruise and favorite port so far because she had such an amazing time there. She was super excited that we were returning and insisted on going back to the water park. I knew this meant it was just going to be a lazy day by the pool for me because I couldn't do any of the water slides or zipling. I also wasn't sure if I would even be able to make it in the pool because of the ladder situation. But, I did it while scuba diving, so I was going to at least attempt it if it got too hot.

Just know that if you purchase your tickets from the cruise line and are one of those "special status people" we are Platinum, you get a discount. We had purchased our tickets the night before.




Down the pier we started. I'm trying to take my mind off my sloth waddle walk by doing what I love to do...take pictures of everything around me.

Then along came a NCL worker with a wheelchair. He had just taken someone down the pier and the hubby flagged him down. I was SO relieved that I wouldn't have to walk it. They had several workers wheeling people down the dock and that was great. He wheeled me to the end of that pier, where you turn and go down the rest, and then I was set free. Wait, what?!? He said I would be able to ride the trolley the rest of the way and it would be coming shortly. But NCL said there was no transportation this time. I guess they meant by THEM! I knew there was always a trolley here but thought maybe they weren't working today or something.


Along came the trolley and away we went.

We made it to the entrance and was set free again of course. I was on my own to try to make it out of this twisting and turning port.

We slowly made our way past the vendors screaming "Senorita, you like jewelry come inside" and we finally made it out of the port area. People holding various signs with tours were outside and of course our "excursion" was at the very end. Go me! Almost immediately after arriving at the line for our excursion, it started to move out to get on the shuttles to take us to the waterpark. Now when I bought tickets for this excursion, they ask if I wanted the 9:30 or 11:30am time. We had picked the 9:30am time of course.


Off we went for the short 5 minute drive down the street to the waterpark. Remember last time we walked and I knew there was no way for that to happen again this time around.




There was no waiting this time and we walked right up to the window, they put our wristbands on and told us that we have "full access" to the entire park and off we went.


Oh no, don't let it drop on you!


As you can tell, it was a cloudy day. No blue skies or sun peaking out yet.

The park looked deserted for the most part. Either we were the first to arrive or everyone decided not to go because the weather looked as if it wasn't going to cooperate today.